Marlo Fisken is a renowned movement professional, having taught over 22 years in more than 70 countries. She is most known for her innovative teaching methods and pole dance accolades, and was previously a professional dancer and model. Marlo began pole 15 years ago and is an international pole dance champion.
Marlo is also the creator of Flow Movement, which offers online learning opportunities, in-person workshops, and the Floor Flow Teacher Training (the first virtual training will be happening later this year -- wait list open now). Flow Movement exists to share the benefits of flow-state movement experiences with ALL people. The Flow Movement approach is known to stimulate imagination, sensuality, connection, naturally fluid movement, and playfulness.
Hailing from Virginia Beach, Virginia, Marlo is a Modern Dance graduate of the Virginia Governor’s School for the Arts and holds a B.S. in Anthropology and Public Relations from the University of Miami.
What we discuss
- Marlo's movement journey and her recipe for success rooted in following her fascination, rather establishing goals.
- The differences and overlap between sensuality and sexuality, and their presence in movement.
- How bringing awareness to our genitalia during movement practice is uncommon, yet game changing (and not necessarily sexual).
- Practices to begin connecting to genital awareness in movement.
- How sensuality influences and benefits our health and well-being.
- The connection between movement and sound vocalization.
- Embracing being mediocre or bad at things to explore and learn new practices.
- Join Evolna's Intuitive Movement Virtual Studio with 14-Day Free Trial
- Evolna's website
- IG @evolna_
- Our host's IG @mariejanicek
In this episode
Get in touch with Marlo