Hello Everyone, today we’re going to take a trip down south and dive deeply into the world of our feet! We had the privilege of speaking with Dr. Emily Splichal, Functional Podiatrist and Human Movement Specialist. Dr Emily is the Founder of EBFA Global, Creator of the Barefoot Training Specialist® Certification, Author of Barefoot Strong and CEO/Founder of Naboso Technology. With over 20 years in the fitness industry, Dr Splichal has dedicated her medical career towards studying postural alignment and human movement as it relates to barefoot science, foot to core integration and sensory integration.
What we discuss
- The problem with today's segregation of podiatry from the rest of our physiological health and movement practice, and how functional podiatry addresses this issue;
- Why feet are critical to our health and well-being;
- How sensory stimulation works and why it's a major component to our foot health;
- Advice on how to avoid excess stress on your body through your feet;
- How foot type impacts your overall energy disposition;
- For children, the importance of foot screens to curb childhood diabetes and obesity;
- Why foot health is brain health, and how integrating it into your lifestyle is the secret to longevity.
In this episode
Get in touch with Dr. Emily Splichal